OOTB checkbox is not available in AEM 6.3 metadata schema editor. But, it can be enabled and used with steps as described below.
Step 1: Overlay builditems.jsp to Enable checkbox
- Create an /apps overlay for “/libs/dam/gui/coral/components/admin/schemaforms/formbuilder/builditems.jsp“
- In “/apps/dam/gui/coral/components/admin/schemaforms/formbuilder/builditems.jsp“, uncomment the following snippet. It would be available between line 90-98
At this point, browse to a metadata schema editor:
- Click on navigation rail. Browse to Tools > Assets > Metadata Schemas
- Click on default > Select edit
- Notice that checkbox is available in the menu.
Though you can currently add checkbox for a metadata schema, you will not be able to persist the checkbox state properly.
Step 2: Persisting checkbox state
- Create an /apps overlay for “/libs/dam/gui/coral/components/admin/metadataeditor/clientlibs/metadataeditor/js/form.js”
- In “/apps/dam/gui/coral/components/admin/metadataeditor/clientlibs/metadataeditor/js/form.js”, add ONLY lines 27-52 from following snippet. Please note the placement relative to an existing function “allCheckbox.each(function (index, checkbox))”
You should now be able to:
- Add checkbox to a metadata schema.
- Persist its checked/unchecked state for the applicable assets.